The Calico Fantail Beauty and Magic
The Calico Fantail boasts bears a captivating color palette of red, orange, and black markings against a field of pearl white. This splendid color variation has an artistic, painted quality. Accordingly, that makes each Fantail a unique piece of living art. The? Fantail Goldfish is distinguished by its forked caudal fin. Its tail forms a symmetrical pair resembling butterfly wings. All fins are well proportioned and slightly rounded.
All about the fantail
- It is a member of the carp family, the Fantail is generally quite hardy.
- Does well in aquariums as well as backyard garden ponds .
- It is an omnivore and will eat all types of dried and live foods.
For a fish to be considered the ‘perfect’ calico fantail, the tail fin needs to be completely split with the two lobes?much closer together on top than on the bottom. This makes it look triangular when viewed from the back. Without this though, they’ll still make awesome pets. Here’s some features that’ll make you buy the fantail.
- Easy to maintain freshwater aquarium fish
- Make your aquarium look beautiful with these fish
- Feeds on basic flake food
- Civilized and peaceful. Will not attack other fish
- Very hardy variety of fancy goldfish, a great option for the novice goldfish keeper.
Fantails are not as fast as their slim-bodied cousins, such as the?comet?and the?shubunkin. However,? Fantails are fairly good swimmers and can co-exist with other faster?varieties of goldfish. Moreover, care should still be taken to ensure they get a fair share of the?food?in a community aquarium or pond.