The Herbal Horse Calm Mix is a blend of herbs, 5-HTP, magnesium and thiamine formulated to have a calming effect on horses without causing drowsiness. The mix contains 5-HTP (an amino acid, which acts as an anti-depressant), thiamine (a vitamin which has been found to have a calming effect in horses), magnesium in a bioavailable form (amino acid chelate) and herbs such as chamomile (gently soothes without causing drowsiness).
You can use this product on a daily basis or at events only, whichever works best for each individual horse.
Use this formulation if your horse is hot, spooky and tense, if your competition horse becomes agitated or nervous at events, if your horse finds it difficult to relax in the paddock or stable, when attempting difficult training and for rescue horses as an antidepressant/anti-anxiety supplement.
Dosage: 15 g (daily dose) to 60 g (event dose, if necessary).
Calm Mix contains:
- Brewer’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is a yeast and is the source of various vitamins and minerals.
- Chamomile is a herb which soothes and helps to maintain a calm and focused attitude.
- Passion Flower is approved by Germany’s Commission E for ‘nervous unrest’.
- Hops is a bitter herb, renowned for its calming properties.
- Vitamin B1 or Thiamine, when deficient, can cause nervous behaviour in horses.
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) – A shortage of 5-HTP in the diet can result in anxiety.
- Magnesium -Horses deficient in Magnesium can show signs of nervousness, excitability and muscle tremors.
- Calcium is a mineral which, if deficient, can cause problems such as weak bones and menstrual problems.
- Crude Protein (45%)
- Crude Ash (8%)
One scoop per day (daily use) to four scoops per day (event use). One 500g bag, if used continuously, will last one horse four weeks.
Use this product daily or at events only, whatever the needs of the individual horse.
Please take care:
- Do not use in conjunction with anti-depressant drugs
- This is a nutritional product and is not intended as a substitute for veterinary products or advice.
- Discontinue immediately at any sign of an adverse reaction
Weight: 500 grams