The AC20284 CoralVue™ Reef Octopus Skimmer is an in-sump protein skimmer. Accordingly, it is capable of providing powerful filtration for aquariums up to 265 gallons where sump space may be limited. This Reef Octopus Skimmer is made of high-quality cast acrylic. Hence, this enables it to disassemble completely for cleaning. Has a unique Super Cone “wine glass shape” body. Naturally, this configuration stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises. Consequently, the result is an enhanced foamation.
2 Key features of CoralVue™ Skimmer pump
It is fully equipped with
- A Reef Octopus Aquatrance 3000s pinwheel pump – This produces to produce the perfect mix of water and air for optimum waste removal.
- A new generation controllable Direct Current VarioS 6S pinwheel impeller -allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency.
7 reasons you need a protein skimmer in your salt water aquarium
- Reduces phosphate to help prevent murky or cloudy tank water conditions as well as aggressive nuisance algae growth.
- Removes any biological toxins released from corals, algae, or invertebrates.
- Promotes proper gas exchange and increase oxygen level for healthy inhabitants.
- Helps maintain proper pH by preventing acidic condition due to carbon dioxide buildup.
- Helps support a large bioload, particularly when used in conjunction with a sump.
- Removes oily surface wastes to help improve light penetration in your aquarium.
- Improves REDOX and reduce disease-causing organisms when used with an ozonizer.